Welcome to Campus Life. You will learn about what college life is like, what your professors will expect from you, how to get good grades, how to get accommodations and how technology might be helpful.
Start by watching the introduction video and then go through each section of Campus Life beginning with “Discovering college life” and work your way through to “Finding resources.” In most sections, you will find videos featuring interviews with college students with disabilities. You’ll also read important points, complete helpful activities and gain access to eSources. Once you’ve completed all of the sections in this module, browse the “Top 10 tips” for a quick review and then click on “Reaching my goals” and fill out your goal sheet for Campus Life.
Here’s a quick glimpse of Campus Life
- Discovering college life – Find out the differences between high school and college.
- Faculty expectations – Discover what faculty members will expect from you and what you can expect from them.
- Getting accommodations – Learn the process for getting accommodations in college.
- Sharing my disability – Find out what you have to tell your professors. Also learn some tips for communicating effectively with your professors.
- Getting good grades – Learn some tips and tricks for getting good grades in college such as what to do before the semester starts, during the first week of your classes and throughout the semester.
- Exploring technology – Investigate some technology options that could help you succeed in college.
- Finding resources – Learn about resources both on and off campus that can support you while you are in college.